- Membership of the CCM shall be open to all Kenyan citizens above the age of 18 years, irrespective of race, color and creed, who accept the objectives, principles, policies and programmes and are prepared to abide by this Constitution and its articles.
- Elected members shall make monthly/annual subscriptions fees as determined by the NEC. Other members of the party may make voluntary subscriptions.
- Membership cards will be issued to registered members of CCM.
- The Party County offices shall maintain a membership register.
- Every County shall exercise sovereignty on the suspension or expulsion of a party member from the party for gross misconduct as may be recommended by the county disciplinary panel.
- In the event that a decision is reached to expel a member, the decision shall be forwarded by the county executive chairman to secretary general who will in turn notify the registrar of political parties.
Chama Cha Mashinani [CCM] member shall be entitled to the following rights and duties;
A member of the CCM is entitled to:
- Take a full and active part in the discussion, formulation and implementation of the policy of the
- Take part in elections and may be elected or appointed to any committee, structure, commission or delegation of CCM.
- Receive copies of the party’s documents, including the constitution, the manifesto, nomination rules and all available information about their local polling committee, upon payment of requisite fee.
A member of the CCM may:
- Belong to and take an active part in the activities of the party ,
- Take all necessary steps to understand and carry out aims, policies and programmes of CCM and explain the same to the public.
- Deepen his or her understanding of the social, cultural, political and economic problems of the county and the country.
- Participate in elections at all levels.
- Combat propaganda detrimental to the interests of CCM and defend the policy aims and programmes of CCM.
- Fight against, tribal chauvinism, religious and political intolerance or any other form of discrimination.
- CCM members who hold elective positions are required to be members of the appropriate caucuses, to function within its rules and to abide by its collective decisions and that of other organs of the party.